Kaspersky Internet Security - Why is the 3 user version often cheaper?

Sizzers 10:28 AM 21 Jan 13

I’m curious as to why the 3 user version is cheaper than the 1 user version.

I’ve noticed that very often they are either the same price, or in some instances noticeably cheaper (I’ve just seen the 3 user version at £15 less at my local Staples than the 1 user version right next to it!) Is there a catch?

Woolwell 10:56 AM 21 Jan 13

It is worthwhile shopping around but make sure that you are comparing the same product eg 2012 or 2013, or Antivirus or Security Suite. There is no catch as far as I am aware.

BTW Amazon may well be cheaper.

Sizzers 11:07 AM 21 Jan 13

No - I wasn’t specifically looking for it, mind, I just happened to notice it.

I do have to renew my Kaspersky soon, though, so can you actually use the 3 user version for just one PC?, or does it have to be loaded on to three PC’s for it to operate. Would seem bizarre if you could as what would be the point of them offering the one user version??? (they were both the 2013 Internet Security releases).

Woolwell 12:08 PM 21 Jan 13

I have the three user version (free through Barclays). At one time I had it installed on one pc only but have added my laptop so only 2 out of the three. It is a maximum of 3. I think that Jock1e may be breaking the EULA which refers to you as the user.

Woolwell 12:12 PM 21 Jan 13

I'll retract slightly from my previous post as it states on the box 3 users not 3 pc's. The EULA is not clear about this.

Sizzers 12:15 PM 21 Jan 13

That’s cool, and thanks.

Still doesn’t make sense why the 3 user version is usually the same price and very often cheaper than the one user version, though. Guess they must think people with only one PC are gullible! Thanks again.

Woolwell 12:22 PM 21 Jan 13

All the installations of the software have the same expiry date. If you install on one a month later they end up with the first date. If you renew too early this also affects the licence dates.

Sizzers 12:24 PM 21 Jan 13

I only want it for the one PC hence the question.

Woolwell 12:28 PM 21 Jan 13

No problem with just one PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016