Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Please HELP!

Shikaree 15:19 16 Dec 10

Hi Folks,

Every time it updates I get the same message in the Kaspersky Security Centre - Update Centre: - Database Status: out Of Date 13/12/2010. It also states that some items could not be downloaded - something to this effect.

Can anyone Please Advise

Thanks

Shikaree

Shikaree 15:30 16 Dec 10

SORRY!! Forgot to add - I also get that RED SHIELD With A White X - Windows Security Alerts at the bottom of my Screen near the Clock.

Virus Protection Out of Date - Kaspersky Internet Security reports. After the Update the Shield goes.

Shikaree

rawprawn 15:39 16 Dec 10

I have had this problem occasionally usually after a System Restore.
Try "Repair" and if that doesn't work the only way I know is to uninstall and the re install it and update it.

birdface 16:55 16 Dec 10

Download Update and give the free version of Malwarebytes a run to see if it finds any problems.

click here

Not had any problems with Time and date on the computer by any chance.

rawprawn 17:26 16 Dec 10

I think that the Update file is corrupted, at least that is what has happened to mine with exactly the same problems. You need to start it again from scratch.

Shikaree 18:42 16 Dec 10

rawprawn, buteman,

Thank for your quick reply. WOW!! just returned to my computer after about an hour, it did another Update and all is back to normal. Showing Up to Date. What happened, no idea. I'll keep in mind all you have mentioned.

I bought Kaspersky from PC World, going for less than half price. Before this I had Virgin FREE antivirus.

birdface 21:17 16 Dec 10

Hi rawprawn and Merry Christmas to you as well.
I have never used Kaspersky so not sure what the fault was.
I thought that the Windows Security alerts may have been one of those rogue anti-virus programs but obviously not.

Shikaree.
Maybe do a search for Virgin Anti-virus just in case it has not been completely uninstaled.
Cannot remember the name of it as it was a long time since I used it.

Terry Brown 21:48 16 Dec 10

You may need to g to the control panel and tell the windows Firewall and security centres that you look after your own settings.
Terry

Woolwell 21:50 16 Dec 10

Whenever Kaspersky's data is out of date (perhaps only a day or so) you get the Windows Security Alert telling you that Kaspersky has reported a problem and it's a pain. But I got it free. Also uninstalled Virgin Security after I found that it slowed my laptop down and I wasn't impressed by it at all.

Shikaree 22:01 16 Dec 10

Hi buteman,

Yes, a very long time ago it was Cable & Wireless then NTL now Virgin. I had a few problems with their Antivirus and uninstalled it. I don't thin any of it is there as I had to Reinstall Windows XP Pro and installed Kaspersky.

Thanks

Hi Terry Brown - Thanks. I'll check and do that.

birdface 08:22 17 Dec 10

That's what brought me on to the PCA site about 7 years ago.
I was having trouble with their security I think it was PC Guard at that time and it was difficult to remove.
Anyway I went from bad to worse when I installed Norton.
So although Norton has improved a lot I still would not use it even if it was free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…