kaspersky 'damaged' - what should I do for now?

mco 21:48 16 Nov 05

Partner's laptop has kaspersky antivirus (paid for till next April) but is failing to connect to update server - although can connect to internet fine. I tried downloading updates via zip but it said 'failed' and gave a message his antivirus is 'damaged' - and tells him to update from the update server!! I've emailed their support but in the meantime - he's unprotected - can I download a free antivirus or will it mess up the kaspersky, because some of them won't let you run two at a time? We have a BT broadband firewall - is that enough, for now?

woodchip 22:02 16 Nov 05

Get Avast Free version from click here remove old AV and install the above, I use it on XP Laptop and XP Desktop

mco 23:06 16 Nov 05

..do that, thanks - although he's going to lose his money if I delete the Kaspersky.

woodchip 23:11 16 Nov 05

Well he's getting twelve months of free Avast. And you can only run one AV

driving man 01:23 17 Nov 05

Woodchip are you sure about one antivirus only. I have ewido and it is compatable with most anti spyware and antivirus programs. I am belt and braces ---what one misses the other wont.----- PS Ewido is free and works in tandem with my avast. Also I repeat on here time and again goto program accessories system tools and then system restore and set a restore point in case things go pear shaped

Icky 10:02 17 Nov 05

Some time ago I had a similar problem.
I cured it by uninstalling Kaspersky, rebooting the computer, then reinstalling Kaspersky and entering the registration code again.

woodchip 15:59 17 Nov 05

Two AV's if only one access's the BOOT and Memory

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…