Kaspersky AV problem

RickyBlade 15:22 01 May 03

Hi, I have just installed Kaspersky(TM) AV Personal 4.0 and now wish to uninstall however when i try i get the following message "Error 0x80004005 Description .Unspecified Error Setup will now terminate" and as such i cannot uninstall it . I have tried to re-install to see if it was an installation error but each time i try to install the same error message appears!!! how do i get rid of this program from my computer!! I am using XP
Thanks in advance
Richie

-pops- 15:31 01 May 03

Do a system restore to before you installed this software

Brian

Belatucadrus 15:36 01 May 03

I once tried Kaspersky, I found it an absolute system hog that slowed everything to a crawl, when I did manage to uninstall it from my W98 system, the whole thing went bananas, crashing at regular points and becoming increadably unstable. So bad in fact that I had to reformat, JV16 and other repair tools couldn't fix the mess it left. I hope you have more joy getting it off XP. Here are links to a couple of removal tools that may be of some use, Smart uninstaller click here Uninstall it pro click here .

RickyBlade 15:43 01 May 03

Thanks to both pops and Belatucadrus i tried the system restore and it appears to have worked but i can tell you that i will never try Kaspersky AV AGAIN!!!!
thanks again
Richie

-pops- 16:02 01 May 03

Glad it's worked for you.

I can't understand these programs that are supposed to be designed to help and protect you but end up being just as much a menace as the things they are trying to protect you against.

I am warned off!!

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…