Kaspersky / AOL compatibility

aly-lfc 20:39 30 Jan 09

Hi, I've downloaded the trial version of Kaspersky internet security 2009. 4 days in and my internet connection to AOL is getting worse, it has just taken me 20 minutes restarting etc to connect to the internet.

When I do get connected it can last for up to half hour then it disconnects and I am back to square one. Anyone know if they are just not compatible together? I previously had Norton internet security 2006 and had no problems at all. Should I ditch Kaspersky and go and buy Norton IS 2009?

*I just tried to post this using my AOL browser but wouldn't work, have launched IE & hopefully this will post =0)

aly-lfc 15:25 31 Jan 09

Any ideas? =0)

Kaacee 15:26 31 Jan 09

Why not try it with AVG which is free

User-1229748 15:48 31 Jan 09

when you got rid of norton did you use their removal tool? also do you use ccleaner? the aol software looks nice but it does take up a bit too many resources,what operating system are you using and how much memory? ccleanerclick here

provider 2 15:52 31 Jan 09

I don`t think they are incompatible but it`s essential that Norton is completely removed using its own uninstall program or you are likely to encounter the kind of problems you describe:

click here

aly-lfc 20:45 01 Feb 09

Hi, I did use the Norton removal tool before I installed KIS. I downloaded the ccleaner last night and ran it. Tonight I was still unable to connect to AOL so I have turned off KIS and was able to connect.

To reply to Smackheadz question I am using Windows xp (media center edition) with 250gb memory.

As I have connected with no problems (so far) without KIS, would it be logical to think it was the cause of the problem?

User-1229748 02:17 02 Feb 09

it would seem so i would read this thread that will give you security advice and links to free security softwareclick here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant