Kaspersky Antivirus 2015

wee eddie 13:50 17 Jan 15

I have 2014 which has two weeks to run. So they sent me an Update Reminder ~ Genuine as far as I can tell.

I clicked the Links > Paid the Fee > Downloaded 2015 > Installed it as instructed > rebooted the PC > Got new Shortcuts on my Desktop (which suggests installation successful) > This morning I got an eMail of Confirmation from K > However I am still getting Reminders that I have not updated.

What do I do?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:09 17 Jan 15

Check the installation number which will probably be under the help menu about or similar.

if OK then ignore the reminders.

wee eddie 14:21 17 Jan 15

Really angry now: I have received another reminder which tells me to enter the Activation Code.

Attempts to find Activation Code frustrated by .mht file which is failing to load any content.

Eventually manage to find a copy of Activation Code and enter it.

Product activates immediately, giving me 365 days cover, taking no account of the 2 weeks cover still present on the previous product. Which the Website is aware as it has reminded me during the installation process.

I am now worrying as I see that Automatic Update is ticked and that they may take their fee a second time.

K 2015 may be a first class Antivirus but I think that their Business Model leaves much to be desired

wee eddie 14:30 18 Jan 15

Jock1e: One of the things that annoys me is that their System will have been aware that the Auto Renewal was enabled but it still led me down the path of a separate Renewal plan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…