Kaspersky anti virus problem

zincy 15:52 29 Jan 05

hello there

i recently installed Kaspersky anti virus, on my windows xp sp2. However the Internet Explore seems to slow down after 20mins or so. So bad that i cannot even open a web page. But when i restart my computer it seems to work fine again for 20mins then the problem starts again. Is there something i should do to configure this?

many thanks
zincy

NickyK 23:37 29 Jan 05

I've had a similar, but not necessarily the same, problem with "e.scan" which is "powered by Kaspersky" (I've posted this today under "Compatability problems"). Not only did my internet slow down, but my system ran at 50% speed (and, like you, it got worse after 20 mins). It seems to have been a compatability problem. After spending two days trying to solve this, I ended up removing the e.scan security suite - disappointing, since I liked it - and reverted back to my original anti-virus (AVG). The only good thing that came out of this was that e.scan couldn't find anything that AVG had missed.

My problem might not be the same as yours, but my suggestion is that you look for anything that might be in conflict with your Kaspersky (and/or e-mail them at their support, if you think that'll help, with a list of your other protections).

It's time someone came up with a freeware utility entitled "ConflictResolver".

Good luck.

NickyK 23:45 29 Jan 05

This link might help:

click here

I've double-checked it, and it's okay.

NickyK

zincy 00:03 30 Jan 05

thanks for your response
i will try to investigate more

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…