Kapok 1300 CMOS Battery

Confab 15:07 20 Sep 04

A friend has given me an old Kapok 1300 notebook but it appears that the CMOS battery has worn out. If the notebook is switched off for longer than a couple of hours and then switched on it tries to boot from floppy (without success so I have to rest the BIOS to boot from the hard drive) and once its finally booted the date in Windows resets to sometime in 1980.

I want to be able to fix this and have seen the batteries for sale for about £2. The problem is that I can't find where the battery would fit. I’ve taken all the back plates off and removed the CD drive and hard drive but can't see the battery anywhere. I know it's a long shot but has anyone replace the CMOS battery in one of these machines and if so where is it?

Thanks in advance

Stuartli 15:24 20 Sep 04

It should be on the motherboard.

Valvegrid 17:38 20 Sep 04

As Stuartli says, it should be on the motherboard. If it helps, this is what you are looking for:

click here

Confab 17:58 20 Sep 04

Thanks for the replies.

Stuartli - I'll have another look on the MOBO tonigh. I guess I'll just have to keep removing screws until I find it!!

Valvegrid - yes that is the battery I was thinking of.

Regards

Confab

Stuartli 09:56 21 Sep 04

This link offers lots of advice on batteries, including CMOS types about two-thirds of the way down:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…