K7S5A Pro Motherboard Problem

lpen1 20:09 12 Sep 03

I have a K7S5A Pro motherboard that is giving me real problems. If will not start up on any other than BIOS defualt settings. Change anything in the BIOS other than the date and it refuses to load. The only way that you can then get it to load again is the clear the CMOS by moving the jumpers on the motherboard. Sometimes even when it has be running OK the day before, and with no changes to the BIOS settings it will refuse to start. Once again the only way to get the thing to start is to clear the CMOS. I wonder if anyone has any idea of what the problem is.

lpen1 20:11 12 Sep 03

Or maybe It refuses to start up, instead of if.

JJCUK 20:23 12 Sep 03

my brother in law has a K7S5A 1200mhz

though it never runs at that for any length of time always crashes down to 900mhz

if you do an internet search on this board I think you will its quite problamatic

but for specific ideas heres some links might be worth trying if u havent already

click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…