K7S5A Motherboard

bob's 18:29 19 Aug 03

Can I Fit A Faster Processor On This Motherboard Because When I Try To Encode Video On DVD Complete The Task Manager Shows 100%Usage On CPU.The Computer Hangs After a Few Moments.The Processor Is A Athlon XP 2000+.When Applying Heat Sink Compound Do You Only Put It On Top Of The Chip Or All Over The Heatsink Area.
Thanks Bobs

madPentium 18:33 19 Aug 03

I've actually seen systems where heatsink compound is all over the motherboard :) Some people like to call themselves engineers I suppose.
The heatsink compound only needs to be put onto the area of the processor that makes contact with the heatsink, usually the central area.

How much ram does your system have??

goonerbill 18:46 19 Aug 03

heres the bios update site for ya mobo. as you will see ya can install up to 2600+ after bios update.

click here

D-P-R 18:50 19 Aug 03

This is how thermal compound should be applied click here this is for artic silver but the same Application Instructions apply for ordinary thermal compound as well.
This link click here should tell you what cpu your board will support.
Also click here for a great forum devoted to the K7S5A
Hope This Helps

D-P-R 18:51 19 Aug 03

P.S. Encoding is very Processor intensive

bob's 19:26 19 Aug 03

Thanks Guys One And All For Being Stars.I Will Buy A New Processor So And See What Happens.
Bobs

Paranoid Android 19:54 19 Aug 03

Is the computer really 'hanging' - or just busy ? This task is hugely processor intensive. Don't expect to be able to do anything else.

I only ask because you may find a faster processor doesn't help all that much.

RAM RAM RAM RAM RAM RAM

Marvin

bob's 21:56 19 Aug 03

I Have Got 512MB Of Ram And If I Take The Side Off The Computer And Keep It Cool It Gets Through The Process.The Performance Graph Shows 100%Could Anyone Supply a Detailed Instruction On How To Upgrade The Bios.The Temperature Shows 58 degrees cent On Rebooting.
Bobs

goonerbill 22:07 19 Aug 03

heres the link on how to flash ya bios. print off the required instructions for which ever bios make ya have.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…