K service - what is it?

phil.smith 16:55 23 May 08

I have something called K service running which has started to bring up an application error - cannot read memory/ What is it and can I get rid of it?
Phil

brundle 17:18 23 May 08

Using Channel 4 On-Demand or the BBC Iplayer downloader? remove and re-install

Why wont it work 17:20 23 May 08

It's the file sharing program behind BBC iPlayer and 4OD. So you either have one of those programs, or some other file sharing software that makes use of it.

It can use up some of your internet bandwidth whilst sharing in the background, but it shouldn't be that noticable. It's probably best to leave it alone if you use software that it is related to it.

Why wont it work 17:21 23 May 08

as brundle says, reinstall it. You can use something called 'Kclean' (google it) before you reinstall, that will completely wipe the konif software so you can start afresh.

brundle 17:23 23 May 08

Is this in addition to the Avast problem you mentioned in another thread...if you have problems with more than a couple of apps at once you should check your hard-drive click here, memory click here, verify XP system files with System File Check click here, run an on-line AV scan.

brundle 17:24 23 May 08

Online AV scan; click here

phil.smith 08:20 25 May 08

Thanks Brundle for your help - have repaired BBCiplayer but still a problem - will uninstall and reinstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant