JVC Camcorder Installation

Euny 14:43 28 Aug 06

Hi there,
having got a new camcorder (JVC Everio gzmg21 ek) I find my pc Sony VA10 will not install it properly.
Faulty camcorder ?????.
When I switch the corder to play as you do to download it to the programme..all i get on the Camcorder screen is USB Mass storage , instead of the video I have taken.
I do thank in advance for any help .

LAP 16:43 28 Aug 06

Are you using a firewire cable to download your video?

Euny 11:28 29 Aug 06

Hello to Lap,
I do thank you for your response..Not sure if I am using this site correctly. ...however..The camcorder has a firewire at the camcorder end and a usb at the computer end. my previous JVC had the same firewire connection at both ends. and it worked qwuite well.

LAP 15:31 29 Aug 06

You say...
'The camcorder has a firewire at the camcorder end and a usb at the computer end.'

You need a fire wire cable from your camera and into a firewire card/connection in your computer. I only use USB for photos and mpegs.

I might be wrong re the firwire, because your camera has a hard drive of which I have no knowledge.

Euny 09:40 30 Aug 06

Thanks for your reply again.
I do have a firewire connection on my Sony VA10 computer, and I used it for my previous JVC camcorder..but this one has a usb on one end...
Have phoned JVC and they say it is the programm at fault and need another installation disk.
Have now got one and used it but it is still the same..so must be a fault at the camera end...will now return it to suppier. and keep you updated..Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac