jv16 Power Tools

hoverman 12:12 14 Feb 03

Just checked for update and found version 1.3.0.195 available.

johnem 13:40 14 Feb 03

hoverman, any chance of the link to the web site?

hoverman 13:44 14 Feb 03

There you go: click here

johnem 13:49 14 Feb 03

hoverman, thanks for the link. At present it does not appear to work. Will try again later.

hoverman 13:55 14 Feb 03

Tried it immediately after providing the link and just tried it again. Connected both times.

johnem 13:58 14 Feb 03

hoverman, thanks, it was there all the time, once I disabled "pop up stopper", ho hum.

rawprawn 14:24 14 Feb 03

Many thanks hoverman,do you guys go looking for updates all day long ? I never seem to find one on my own.

hoverman 14:32 14 Feb 03

Not all day long. Every now and again. This utility has an Internet Update button which I usually click on every few days - as with Ad-aware and Spywareblaster.

tran1 14:39 14 Feb 03

What settings do you use for The registry cleaner part of JV powertools?

I ask becuase i'm not sure what options are safe!

hoverman 15:31 14 Feb 03

Under Options I only have 'I want manually verify deleted enties' checked and all items in the next screen checked before going to Start. After installing jv16 Power Tools you will find a check mark entered for 'Show ignored entries'. I think it better to uncheck this as you will end up with items listed with both green and red indicators - you should only remove those marked green to be safe. By unchecking 'Show ignored entries' you will end up with green ones only so that you can then use Select/All before removal.

tran1 15:44 14 Feb 03

Thanks Hoverman!

I did my first registry Cleaning scan just now and it flared up some 400 items. Some registry items relate to programs I know I still use. Some registry entries included PowerQuest drive image 2002. JV16 Powertools said that it was a useless key.

Hmmm, I'm beginning to re-think the integrity of JV powertools now! LOL.

Anyone else get this problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…