jv16 Power Tools

Foolsbane_1 09:35 21 Jan 03
  Foolsbane_1 09:35 21 Jan 03

Users may wish to note that upgrade to v1.2 is now available. Uninstall of older version is recommended.

leo49 10:07 21 Jan 03

Afraid Topcat beat you to it last night.:o)

click here

Regards

Stokey 11:03 21 Jan 03

Have you used it yet?

I was frightened of the one we have now until you put me right. I'm gonna wait and see how you get on with it I think :o)

Foolsbane_1 11:13 21 Jan 03

Apologies to Topcat. I didn't think to check for existing posts on this one. I really should have known better. :o(

leo49 11:15 21 Jan 03

I'm just about to install it and see what's new.I'll let you know.

Regards

leo49 12:31 21 Jan 03

If you want be ultra-cautious,you can transfer your backups of previously removed entries in the following manner[;

How to uninstall jv16 PowerTools and then install a newer version without losing backups

1. Go to the directory where you installed jv16 PowerTools. By default it's "C:\Program Files\jv16 PowerTools".

2. Rename the directory called "Backups to "OldBackups".

3. Uninstall jv16 PowerTools.

4. Install a new version of jv16 PowerTools.

5. Go to "OldBackups" directory. There should be many sub-directories with odd names, copy all of them (press CTRL+A and then CTRL+C), go to where you now installed jv16 PowerTools and from there a directory called "Backups". Now paste all the data to here (press CTRL+V).

The new version opens with the same initial screen.Selecting the Registry Tool shows the first change as all the info that was in the side panel is now shown at the top.

You have to re-enter your preferences as to the display of installed Software.Click Preferences along the top,Age System\Enable and tick Manual,SelectAll, mark as Old,then reset to Automatic.From now on you'll be able to see what new entries are made by new programs.

Click Tools/Reg Cleaner and the familiar screen from the previous version opens giving you options[I only tick 'manually verify']

Click continue and you'll see a couple of new scans have been added to the menu.Untick any you don't want.[The shared component scan could be a bit iffy for the nervous and if you use a font manager untick that one].

Anyway, I left them all ticked bar the fonts,ran the scan removed all the green blobs and I'm still here.[It keeps a restorable backup so it's pretty safe].

Hope it helps.

Apologies to Foolsbane_1 for hijacking your thread.

Regards Leo49

TOPCAT® 12:56 21 Jan 03

I posted in Consumerwatch anyway. ;-)

I tried the new version and had a registry scan lockup. Went back to the previous version.

It may have been a faulty file download so I'll try it again later. TC.

hoverman 13:05 21 Jan 03

No problem here with the new version.

VoG™ 18:44 21 Jan 03

Thanks!

Stokey 20:26 21 Jan 03

Thanks very much my friend.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…