Justified text...

barryoneoff.co.uk 13:56 30 Aug 03

what is your opinion of it? I would just like to find out what most people prefer when reading a web page, newspaper columns, whatever. Justified or left aligned?

Cheers, Whiz...

tbh72 14:55 30 Aug 03

Justified - Say no more!!!

barryoneoff.co.uk 16:03 30 Aug 03

I'm inclined to agree, but I need a push!

Forum Editor 18:10 30 Aug 03

is that all text should be aligned left.

If you're publishing a newspaper (or magazine)with narrow columns there's a good reason for justified text, but that's the only context in which I would use it.

It's less stressful to read text that's aligned left.

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:39 30 Aug 03

I tried it, and it does give a clean edge to the right hand side of the page, but as you say, the loss of white space seems to make it more stressful. I'm still in two minds - it looks better but is harder to read. Any more comments?

Cheers, Whiz...

zoomer 12:10 31 Aug 03

you mean is there any justification for justification?........stylistically/aesthetically IMO I think it definetely looks better in a lot of cases, for it to be actually detrimental to your sites overall useability would be hard to quantify, which I guess is what you are asking........:=) , so err definetely maybe, that is to use it, sometimes,....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…