Just want some advice: Dimension 9150/4700

Hi everyone just a quick question wanting some advice.
Ive got a dell dimension 4700 (2.8HT processor) and 1gig of ram running xp. around 1year old.

And my mums just bought a dell 9150, with 3gig Dual core, 1 gig and Windows media centre.

My query is this, do u guys think its worth me "borrowing" the new pc and going through the labourious processes of copying everything over (over100gigs in movies + 70gigs in music) to this new pc?

Will the performance increase be worthwhile from a 2.8ht to a 3gig dual core?

And also could i take out one of the hard drives from the old pc and pshycially just transfer it into the new pc and it work straight off the bat?

Any advice would be welcome, thanking you in advance my fellow geeks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:49 02 Jun 06

I doubt if you will see any difference

If your Music/ videos are on a separate drive from your op system then take out the drive fit into an external caddy (£18) and connect to the new PC via USB2

id prefer to plug it straight into my pc via a Sata cable, rather than have it in a caddie, do u think just moving it into a new pc will work?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:07 02 Jun 06

The drivers in windows are set up for the old pc so as long as you are not booting from it it will be ok as the "slave" drive (no jumpers for master and slave with SATA just which channel you plug into on the board)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…