Just set up Livebox..but still why so slow net?

joostin 15:22 12 Jan 09

Hi Guys,For all of you who helped me with my slow speed touch problem thank you so thought this would be my saviour..WRONG!!.
I have installed the Livebox earlier via Ethernet connection to my Desktop and it is slow as the Speedtouch how can this be??
The guy i rang at Orange said to run the speedtester.bt so i have and the results are shocking.192 kbps downstream 448 kbps upstream actual IP throughout achieved is 122kbps ??.
I have to do this 3 times at 3 hour intervals to get a true reading of speed.Also when i pick up a telephone there is a crackley noise on there still i thought this was speed touch but obviously not..Any clues on speed and of what to ask orange to do..they told me my location i can have upto 4 mg
Thanks
Just

ventanas 15:45 12 Jan 09

It could be a problem with your phone socket. Is it possible to unscrew the front plate and connect directly to the socket behind this.
The crackling on the phone is suggestive of this kind of issue.

MAT ALAN 15:46 12 Jan 09

Could be a filter issue...

RobCharles1981 16:09 12 Jan 09

Show us your full line stats and post them up if you can?

Daveboy 16:14 12 Jan 09

Sounds like you have a line problem. If you disconnect everything apart from 1 phone (preferably not cordless), and can plug it into the master with all extensions also disconnected-is it crackly? Yes-you have a line fault. This is more than likely as the background systems will have detected the poor/intermittant quality of your line and reduced your throughput speed to mainain connection. Your speed reading suggests it has set you to the bare minimum of throughput ! I reckon you have a high resistance fault that is producing immence noise (not just physical) and it's overpowering your b/band signal.

joostin 16:18 12 Jan 09

Thanks guys.Well i am using an extension cable but that is ok but plugged box direct to wall socket and as box kicks in crackling starts on phone.Two phones downstairs so swapped the filters around..still crackling and if i pick up phone then put it down net clicks off ??.
Nice one Dave will try at 9pm after work now.
Rob what stats do you need please??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:56 12 Jan 09

Have yo used the filters that came with the livebox or are you still using the filters from the speed touch?

Crackly lines means one of your filters is US.

RobCharles1981 18:10 12 Jan 09

Hi joostin

Your full line stats:

There is a page within the router GUI that displays the line stats. Click the link below.

click here

Click on the "Access to the configuration pages" link, then choose System Information from the menu on the left.

If you are prompted to login, the username is admin and the password is admin.

joostin 21:24 12 Jan 09

Yeah using 3 filters and now new ones just did second test at 9pm and actual ip achieved was 119 this time??.Had a word with work mate today and he said he had problems all time especially wit clicking off..i should be using phone at same time shouldnt i when online?? but not in this case
Think i need to ring Orange and tell em straight or i look for a new provider

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…