Just Ran Several Malware Scans...

dogbreath1 21:56 11 Apr 06

After scanning with Spybot S&D, Ewido and Ad-Aware with clean results, I was surprised to find that a² reported 371 infected files! On investigation of the log, two files were minor things whilst the other 369 were all Incredimail related. I updated all of the scanners before running them and I have not had Incredimail flagged up like this before...so I can only assume that it is the latest a² update which is the culprit. For those of you who use a² and Incredimail on the same machine, be sure to check your log prior to deleting any 'infected' files!!!

skidzy 22:03 11 Apr 06

After having many past problems with incredimail,i uninstalled it a long time ago.

Could it be possible that a2 has scanned and found infected files within your email For example,known spam ?

Just an idea,as ive not used Incredimail for a while.

dogbreath1 22:09 11 Apr 06

Hi mate. No, the 'infected' files listed were literally what seemed to be every IM registry entry.

bluto1 00:06 12 Apr 06

I`ve just run A2 and it found 385 malicious objects. On checking what they were I found them to be associated with Incredimail. I can only think that we imported the malware ourselves by emails. The problem is: Does Incredimail do a sweep of all mail? Answer must be `No`
which puts the ball back in our court. How do we stop malware when we use Incredimail. I`d rather be positive about this than uninstall Incredimail. I`ve used Mailwasher and found it to cause me more problems than I wanted, so has anyone out there in the huge PCA family have a friendly answer to this?

dogbreath1 06:32 12 Apr 06

The 'infected' files, simply put, just can't be. I suspect these to be false positives caused by a² being loaded with a flawed set of signatures. It's been noted previously that certain IM functions work in a way which can be seen by antispyware apps. as being malicious (IM, does for example frequently 'phone home')...but my advice for the moment is do not delete the IM files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…