Just a Question, That May interest you

woodchip 22:01 02 Nov 03

How many of you have tried running programs from a Formatted CDRW disc, One I use is Quicken 98. I have also run Netscape 7 from a CDRW. But I run Quicken as it cannot be got at from the net if the CD is not in the drive.

rowdy 22:11 02 Nov 03

Are you going to post a detailed ' how to '

rowdy

woodchip 22:16 02 Nov 03

Just format a CDRW disc with Direct CD or INCD then run the program setup that you want to load but point it to the CDRW disc to load to instead of the hard drive you need this to be in the CDRW drive obviously to run the program

powerless 22:17 02 Nov 03

Surely a hard drive can transfer data at a much higer speed than a CD-RW drive can?

Do not see the point in it woodchip.

woodchip 22:20 02 Nov 03

Quicken for Security, If on the Net it cannot be hacked if it's not in the Drive, and New CDRW's are as fast as most Hard drives used to be, and some new ones.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:01 02 Nov 03

At the risk of repeating myself....you will not get hacked on a home computer.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:02 02 Nov 03

...which begs the question, why go through this unecessary loading process?

and so to bed

G

Forum Editor 23:14 02 Nov 03

in doing this woodchip - nobody's going to hack your computer for your Quicken files.

PowderKeg 23:38 02 Nov 03

why are we peddled firewall and pc security all the while then?

woodchip 17:30 03 Nov 03

I am going to have a Try at loading Win98 on to a CDRW and make it boot in bios from first boot device CD-ROM to see if it will run, I will let You know how this gets on.

Diemmess 17:49 03 Nov 03

W98 will only install on C: drive.

"Thinks" ..... you might clone it to a CDRW.....? .....in which case if it runs it will be the ultimate test of the integrity of your CDRW disk!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…