Just a question

peterleemaxwell 04 Dec 11

If I have a programme on a pc loaded via a cd then lost the cd could I still transfer the prog. to another pc and have it fully working? (I have the programme Family tree maker on my old pc but for the life of me cannot find the cd now I have a new pc) I have tried to copy the folder to the new pc but that didn't work. Is there another way apart from having to buy again?

If I have a programme on a pc loaded via a cd then lost the cd could I still transfer the prog. to another pc and have it fully working? (I have the programme Family tree maker on my old pc but for the life of me cannot find the cd now I have a new pc) I have tried to copy the folder to the new pc but that didn't work. Is there another way apart from having to buy again?

bremner 04 Dec 11

No you can not.

A more relevant thread title would have been good.

Obviously I'm not as clever as you, bremner How should I have asked this question using your correct perfect way?

compumac 04 Dec 11

bremner was not clever - he was trying to help. As he said a more relevant title would get people to look at yout posting out of interest.

rdave13 04 Dec 11

Don't know if this helps but there's a free starter edition available, familytreemaker

john bunyan 04 Dec 11

If you cloned the drive(using eg Acronis True Image) on the old pc to another drive then cloned it to the new pc it may work but then it would overwrite everything on the new PC!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 04 Dec 11
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message