Just moved to XP-can't connect using my ADSL modem

rickus 19:53 06 Oct 05

Am on my old W98 PC now and connected to my ISP thru my Fujitsu FDX310 ADSL modem.

Have not been able to connect via my new XP PC. The message is that it is not getting a response from the other end (I think, sorry didn't write it down)

Phoned e7even £1 per min help desk, could only leave a message and they have not rung back.

Does anyone know what settings I should have showing for my internet connection on the new PC?
Does it need an ISP name?

Could it be that my modem needs new software for XP?

Hope this is precise enough for someone to help

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:56 06 Oct 05

You should have a drivers disc with the ADSL modem

You need to install the drivers / software for the modem BEFORE plugging in the ADSL modem to the USB port.

rickus 19:58 06 Oct 05

Thanks fruit bat

I did install the drivers from the disk
However the disk is 3 years old so there may be new ones out there for XP.

Am thinking that the problem is more likely with my settings for the internet connection

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:48 06 Oct 05
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:50 06 Oct 05
  rickus 06:39 11 Oct 05

Have resolved it thank you.
The problem was that when I loaded the modem software from the CD it tried to set up a connection to my old ISP (Onetel).

Although I set upa new connection to e7even there is one setting that it only allow 1 copy of. i.e. the Onetel one as it was there first.

So I have just entered my e7even username and password into the Onetel connection and it now works.

To give e7even credit they did ring me and tried very hard to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…