Just missed an incoming call ???

JChristopher1 16:25 14 Sep 03

I keep losing my internet connection for no reason - sometimes after I've just dialled up, and sometimes in the middle of a session, often accompanied by a message saying I've just missed an incoming call.

Can anyone help - it's frustrating when I'm dowloading something and I drop the connection half way through.

Thanks...

Mankster 16:26 14 Sep 03

do you have "call waiting" facility

Mankster 16:27 14 Sep 03

if you do, look here...click here

OneSirKnight 16:31 14 Sep 03

disabling call waiting and other services
To disable call waiting manually, pick up your telephone handset and dial #43# To re-enable call waiting, pick up your telephone handset and dial *43#

These codes may vary if you use a telphone service provider other thatn BT, Check with your provider for the latest details on such services. To configure a Windows 95 or 98 PC to disable call waiting for you every time you connect:

Click on the Start menu
Select Settings
Click on Control Panel
Double-click on Modems
Highlight your modem on the General tab
Click on the Dialling Properties button
Click on the checkbox for 'To disable call waiting dial...' so that it has a tick in it and enter your code in the box
Click on OK
Click OK again to return to the Control Panel

It is also advisable that you disable Call Minder, or any other, similar services on your phone line before connecting, as these can change your dialtone, preventing the modem from detecting it, and also cause problems when the modem is dialling out. For further information on these services including how to disable and re-enable them, contact your telphone operator.

JChristopher1 16:46 14 Sep 03

Mankster and OneSirKnight - thanks for your help, I don't have callwaiting activated, and I'm running XP, so I guess I can'y change the modem settings as described.

Is there anything else I can do ?

cdb 18:30 14 Sep 03
  JChristopher1 19:20 14 Sep 03

Nice one - many thanks cdb. I think this has sorted me out.
Cheers for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…