Just might have what you require now or in the....

Stuartli 08:43 09 Mar 04

..future in the freeware field:

click here

One or two of these links are a little out of date but will almost certainly guide you to the latest versions.

Diodorus Siculus 08:48 09 Mar 04

Thanks, Stuartli.

Useful link now in my postings and my bookmarks!

Diodorus Siculus 08:48 09 Mar 04

By the way, I am a fan of pricelessware.org - quality freeware, none of it "lite", ad-ware, spyware etc.

Stuartli 09:00 09 Mar 04

That will almost certainly prove equally as useful...:-)

There are many freeware sites, of course, but just happened to come across the one I've mentioned.

Clint2 10:32 09 Mar 04

Thanks to both of you, bookmarked both sites.

Pesala 10:38 09 Mar 04

Don't let the name deceive you. LE usually means a cut down version but Picture Publisher is excellent. My latest version was 6.0 for Windows 95 so I am downloading this one. Even the old version supports object layers in Photoshop 5.0 files.

Since when has 41.8 Mbytes been lite?

Stuartli 10:48 09 Mar 04

Eh?

Pesala 11:20 09 Mar 04

Is that what "Eh?" means?

I don't use Photoshop so I may not understand the terminology correctly, but when I open a sample Photoshop file in Micrographics 6.0 I can select individual objects and move them forward or back in the stack.

If you're "Eh?" refers to the excellent bit, well I suppose it depends on what you're used to. I first got Micrographx Publisher with a greyscale handscanner, which will give you some idea of how long ago that was. The more recent ABC graphics suite was for Windows 95. I've yet to look at version 7.0 LE which has just finished downloading, but I suspect it compares well to other free software like Serif Photoplus 5.5. Obviously, it won't compare so well to expensive programs like Photoshop.

Stuartli 11:29 09 Mar 04

I think you are posting to the wrong thread.....:-)

Pesala 11:45 09 Mar 04

I think you didn't read my message. Picture Publisher 7LE is on the page that you posted a link to. I downloaded it, and commented so that others might think it worth downloading in spite of its size.

Picture Publisher 7 LE - Featured picture editor from MicroGrafix

Pixie 2.0 - Pixie is a color spy and mouse tracker.
Simply point to the color and it will tell you the RGB, hex and HTML-ready values of it. You can then use these values to reproduce the color in your favorite programs. Pixie also shows the current x and y position of your mouse pointer.

hinchie Y2K III 11:54 09 Mar 04

going into my bookmarks as well as my postings thanks all of you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…