Just a little confused!!!

daz246 20:21 21 Mar 05

I have a PC connected from my BT Voyager 2100 modem via an ethernet cable and a laptop with a wireless card. I can get the internet perfectly on both systems and the laptop retains its signal even outside.

Now I want to be able to share files and the printer with both computers. I've called both computers with different names but given them the same workgroup name. Now I'm stuck on what to do next. I've tried running the network wizard but it doesn't locate my shared internet connection, should I be running the wireless network wizard???

FelixTCat 20:35 21 Mar 05

First, make sure that you have set up file and printer sharing on both pcs.

Next, make sure that you set at least one drive or directory on each pc to be shared.

They should then show up in Network Neighborhood/My Network Places in each pc.

daz246 20:45 21 Mar 05

Ive ran the network setup wizard on my PC and it shows the files shared in my network places folder. However on my laptop I cant use the wizard as it does not locate my wireless internet connection.

FelixTCat 22:23 21 Mar 05

Don't worry about the wizard. Set both pcs to obtain a network address and a DNS server address automatically. The router will then issue IP addresses and log the pcs on.

Running the wizard confused the system. It sets the pc to issue IP addresses when the router is already trying to do so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…