just installed xp-internet problems

Viv-208691 11:05 07 Jul 04

hi there, i have just reinstalled win xp. i have successfully installed my dlink wireless network card and it is picking up an excellent signal from my wireless 54g router. I expected my pc to then connect immediately to the net but it didnt. i then tried installing aol 9.0 to see if it would create settings for me, but still no luck. All i have done since reinstalling xp is update some devices' drivers (all except 'PCI simple communications controller' and universal serial bus (USB) controller').

This thread is related to this one, click here although i dont know if it's hugely relavent!

Any suggestions please???

Kind regards

Viv-208691 11:44 07 Jul 04

can anyone please offer some advice...???

I simply dont know which settings i need to set up

thankyou

Satmansq 14:56 07 Jul 04

I think that your best bet is to contact AOL on their free help line and they should be able to run through the settings with you. If you still have no joy then come back here. The number can usually be found on the CD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…