Just Installed MS Wireless Optical Desktop 2000

Fastflys 11:41 12 Aug 07

Hi All

No real instructions to follow, just plug in the receiver to any USB socket and XP does the rest.

Wireless keyboard works [well it types - not tried other functions. Wireless mouse also OK.

With my wired keyboard plugged in, my computer boots up OK and both wired and wireless keyboards work.

If I disconnect my wired keyboard, my computer will not boot up. Screen says keyboard is unplugged.

Question: Do I have to leave my wired keyboard connected?

If you suggest re-installing my wireless keyboard/mouse, how do I get XP to do this automaticly. I.E. by just plugging in the receiver USB again.

I have gone to Device Manager and it says that everything installed is working OK.

I've looked on MS website but it says that they have no downloadable user guide for their wireless optical desktop 2000.

Thanks in advance.

skidzy 19:20 12 Aug 07

On the end of the receiver you should have both connections connected.
Have you connected both ?
Sometimes you may find the usb connector needs a ps2 adaptor connector.

skidzy 19:25 12 Aug 07

This may help to assign your keys click here
Ive just had a similar issue with a Vista machine and MS 5000 Elie package,only closed the thread 10 minutes ago.

Fastflys 11:05 13 Aug 07

Thanks for your reply.

The receiver only has one cable with a USB connector on the end.

Are you saying that if I buy a ps2 adaptor and connect it to the ps2 keyboard socket both the wireless keyboard and mouse will work? Usually the wired mouse plugs into it's own ps2? type socket.

I have a wired USB mouse which came with a ps2 adaptor. I assume that these adaptors are all the same?

I've now tested all the functions on the keyboard and the keys such as Up/Down Volume, IE home page, Email etc., all work OK.

Everything is working fine except that I have to keep the wired keyboard connected in order for my computer to boot up.

Fastflys 11:11 13 Aug 07

Just checked and the wired USB mouse ps2? type adaptor is too small to fit onto the keyboard ps2 socket.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…