Just installed digi camcorder

ameba 20:48 22 Jan 06

I just installed a JVC digi camera and some of the files could not be located but said files are in my windows programmes that it asking for.
Thing is, how do you view what you have recorded on the camorder on the pc?
I know it seems a silly question?
Here is pics of my problems. How do I fix these. 2nd pic is my system. Just saves me from typing it out.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Not sure if posting pics is allowed?

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

ameba 11:44 23 Jan 06

Anyone?
Don't click the first "click here"
Just the two links on the right sides.

stlucia 12:28 23 Jan 06

I don't know how it works with your particular camera (give us more details -- model, interface connection, etc.), but here's how it works with my quite old Panasonic:

Camera plugs into a Firewire card (could be USB2 with modern cameras), then Pinnacle software downloads the video data. Then I can view and edit the data using Pinnacle, and convert it to the right format for burning onto DVD. The Movie software (can't remember its name) that comes with Win XP can do the same basic job, I believe.

ameba 12:59 23 Jan 06

I got the Mercury firewire card "1394 I/O AND INSTALLED IT.

It's a JVC digital video camera.
GR-D240

Is this what you mean for details?

• 1/6-inch 800,000 pixel CCD (Number of effective pixels: 400,000 pixels for moving pictures)
• F1.8 - 3.2
• 25x Optical Zoom/800x Digital Zoom
• 520 Lines of Resolution
• 2.5" LCD
• Colour Viewfinder
• DV Out
• Mic Terminal (plug-in power)
• 3-Dimension Noise Reduction (3D NR)
• Powerful Optical Zoom (25x)
• Clear LCD Monitor for a clear, visible, bright view during outdoor shooting
• Web-Camera Function (via IEEE 1394)
• Data Battery allows the user to check remaining battery and recording time by simply touching one button even with the power turned off
• Digital Colour NightScope for a bright picture even in environments with minimal illuimination
• Power-Linked Operation
• 3 Languages On-Screen (English/Spanish/Russian)

stlucia 16:40 23 Jan 06

What version of Windows? If it's XP, I think that the camera should be recognised automatically when you plug it into the firewire port.

So, how far exactly are you getting? Did the firewire card install okay? What happens when you plug the camera into the firewire port and switch it on?

woodchip 16:52 23 Jan 06

What Files does it say is on your WinME CD

woodchip 17:06 23 Jan 06

On your Click Hear the yellow icons are drivers not loaded. You need to load these from the WinME CD when it asks you to put the ME CD in

De Marcus™ 17:07 23 Jan 06

You've got a problem with the firewire, usb and ethernet controller on your pc, solve these first before plugging your camera in click here or insert your driver cd's and right click on problem hardware and select update driver.

ameba 17:26 23 Jan 06

I update driver, it says found best driver already installed then when i say ok
it asks for files which I find on windows
but I can't find ones called 61883 Class Bus device
and 61883.sys.
I searched my motherboard and now I have
this in my device manager......

click here

as opposed to this now
click here
Thans for help so far though.

woodchip 17:31 23 Jan 06

You are still getting Firewire Driver Problems, These should be loaded from the Motherboard Drivers for the Chipset on your Motherboard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…