Just got BB and need a little help please.

Green 1 01:32 09 Jun 06

I have just got BB and have downloaded Outpost firewall free, I would like to know if the free version will be enough for me or will I have to have the bought Pro version, I don`t go to bad sites or anything like that so I hope the freebie will be ok. As I`m not very techie on these things can any replies please be in simple terms. Many thanks for any replies I may get.

GaT7 01:49 09 Jun 06

Yes, that should be just fine. ZoneAlarm Free is just as good click here. I've been using WinXP's built-in firewall for over a year with no problems. G

€dstowe 06:27 09 Jun 06

I agree with Crossbow. There is no need to pay for any security software - with a bit of advice from somewhere like this forum, your computer can be more secure than Fort Knox with no outlay of cash.

Make sure you have a good anti-virus (I use AVG) AND KEEP IT UP TO DATE.

Other anti-malware includes SuperAntiSpyware (very good program), Spybot S&D, Spywareblaster, Ewido, and I'm sure others will suggest different programs.

Don't go over the top, though. Your computer should be for you to use and not just a collection of anti- this that and the other programs to keep the efforts of the anti-social out of it.

Remeber also to keep an up to date backup, preferably a full backup but the minimum should be everything it important enough for you want to retain.

Green 1 00:55 10 Jun 06

Many thanks for the replies, I do have Mcafee,Spybot,Adaware and Spywareguard, I forgot to tell you I am on W98 but that shouldn`t be a prob. Once again many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…