Just gone wireless - mild issue

DANZIG 16:54 30 Dec 07

I've just (an hour ago) bought a wireless router so I can use the laptop downstairs. Setting it up was a dream and it does actually work.

However, I've noticed that watching video's on Youtube is not that good. If its a large file it just stops halfway through and doesn't do anything.

Have I set something up wrong or is that just par for the course??

I've got XP Home on the PC upstairs that I set up the wireless connection on and Vista Home Premium on the lap top. My ISP is Virgin and I've got the M broadband package. The router is a Belkin Wireless G Router.

STREETWORK 21:26 30 Dec 07

It works, so don't fix it. Try moving the router to a better location away from any electrical interference and this will give better signal for the lappy to pick up...

DANZIG 21:53 30 Dec 07

Thanks. But my whole house is awash with electrical interference. The router is up in our spare room with the rest of my PC gubbins so its pretty impossible to relocate it.

setecio 22:34 30 Dec 07

Try a speed test on a wired machine and the same on the wireless, the difference will tell you if it is a wireless issue

click here

DANZIG 23:03 30 Dec 07

Yup. Its a wireless thing, not by much, but there is a slight difference.

setecio 15:38 01 Jan 08

what speed are you getting and is the wired speed what you should be getting from your ISP ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…