Just found a Micro SD Chip on the floor

wee eddie 12 Apr 12
Answered

I have no idea on how long it might have been there, as it was in a corner that the Hoover cannot reach.

It looks as if it would fit into a USB Socket. 8 Contact Tags at one end.

Any ideas if/how I can find out what it came from and if there is any risk in plugging it into a USB Socket?

wee eddie 12 Apr 12

It's 128 MB, Black, Rectangular and about 10mm Wide by 15mm Long. The Tags are Golden.

robin_x 12 Apr 12
Answer

It might have come out of a mobile phone.

You'll need an adapter/reader for a PC.

Caveats here in a current thread about finding them outdoors.

robin_x 12 Apr 12
  wee eddie 12 Apr 12

On thinking about this.

Whatever it came from is unknown to me and, as far as I know, I have no pieces of equipment that are not working. Can't be that critical.

I shall keep it for a while and then chuck it if no source makes itself known.

wee eddie 12 Apr 12

Just discovered.

There's a Micro SD Slot in my phone. Nothing in it, so I have bunged it in there. The Phone still seems to be working and there are no extra files to be found, so I guess it was blank, but whether it came from there is unknown.

Thanks Robin ~ You set the old grey cells working.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message