Just cut through virgin media cable to superhub

iqs 14:26 PM 04 Mar 13

Hi, Was laying a carpet this morning ,and cut through the cable that connects to my virgin media superhub. The cable looks like satellite cable . I phoned vm,they said it would cost me an engineers visit charge,and plus the cost of the new cable. I'm on the 120mb connection,so could I buy new cable and fix it myself . Please ,any help is appreciated ,the missis isn't to pleased with me at the mo :-( Thank you

Chronos the 2nd 14:34 PM 04 Mar 13

Something like this? Cable. Or Maplin. and get the length you need and connectors.

Woolwell 14:42 PM 04 Mar 13

The cable connects to a virgin box at one end. I think that the terms and conditions may prohibit you from opening that box.

iqs 15:10 PM 04 Mar 13

Hello. Thank you both for the help. I will have a better read of the links this evening,hopefully it's something I can address myself. Both ends of the cable have f connectors ,so shouldn't be an issues with changing ,fingers crossed Thank you

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites