Just completed my second attempt at a website

pj123 23:03 14 Jul 03

I think I have just completed my second attempt at a website using Dreamweaver MX. Everything looks good to me when previewing in DM. Now the problem starts. When I upload it to the internet and then try to access it all I get is: "Directory Listing Denied" I am using Cute FTP to upload, and, as far as I can see it all uploads smoothly. Because of the time 2255 I can't ring my hosting service until tomorrow, Tuesday 15/07. So anyone know the answer. The first attempt uploaded to the same domain perfectly OK, but it was built using MS Publisher, which, although the site was there it took a long time to load. It would be pointless to list the domain, as it doesn't work, but if anyone wants to try it is click here

powerless 23:13 14 Jul 03

Damo. 06:19 15 Jul 03

Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Is what I got

barryoneoff.co.uk 08:56 15 Jul 03

to view this page. http error 403

slowhand_1000 10:33 15 Jul 03

as above

pj123 23:58 15 Jul 03

Right everyone my host has come back to me and assures me it is fixed. If you want to try again please feel free. click here unfortunately i can't join you as my Broadband has gone down and i am using someone else's computer on dialup which is costing a bomb.

powerless 01:20 16 Jul 03

:-) Success

wawadave 05:47 16 Jul 03

both work now nice old building!

pj123 12:09 16 Jul 03

Thanks all. I have also just found out (my fault) that there doesn't seem to be a valid index file. this has now been corrected, but unfortunately, as i still have no internet connection (NTL engineer on his way) i can't upload the latest version. I will tick this as resolved until I get my own connection back (I don't think my friend likes me anymore, keep using his dialup) Thanks again for the comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…