Just cant get I.E 8

mitch46 21:44 11 Jun 10

Dear Members.
Well iv'e downloaded internet 8 at least five tmes now from my updates.
I run on Vista Basic, and the download is sucessful.
But when it comes to trying to run the thing, then all i get is I.E is not responding, Or I.E is looking into the problem. But basically i get nothing, and end up reverting back to I.E 7.
Don't know if it's me whos doing something wrong, i follow all instructions like shutting my PC down and waiting for the update to deliver.
Any help PLEASE.

T I M B O 22:10 11 Jun 10

1st run malwarebytes>> click here

2nd, donload IE 8>> click here

northumbria61 22:15 11 Jun 10

I think you may find that I.E.8 is not supported on Windows Vista BASIC.

click here

Im a diddy 22:30 11 Jun 10

troubleshooter
click here

Woolwell 22:48 11 Jun 10

And also click here

T I M B O 23:05 11 Jun 10

I found it very interesting what northumbria61 said about IE 8 & Vista basic. I did some research and asked around and found that a friend of mine has in fact installed IE 8 on Vista basic.

Also, i find it interesting that Microsoft also offers it as an update only to tell mitch46 that he can't have it.

I shall keep looking into this one......

Devil Fish 23:27 11 Jun 10

try a different browser

Firefox click here

Google Chrome click here

Opera click here

a few to try out

my personal favourite is firefox

mitch46 23:43 11 Jun 10

Hi Members.
I tried that Malware download thing thing, but it kept spinnin around asking me to keep re-downloading, where after a while i got fed up and have come back to this site. I'm still hoping for a resoloution to this quandry as i thought that i could just automatically update to I.E 8 without any problems, regarding the fact that i run on Vista Basic.Mike

Strawballs 01:04 12 Jun 10

My laptop run Basic and that has just failed to download IE8 which is strange because my XP machines run it no problem

rdave13 07:08 12 Jun 10

The XP version of IE8 is different to Vista/Win 7 version.
click here

click here

rdave13 07:11 12 Jun 10

Retry last link;
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…