Just Burned a DVD but it wont play

leeknight67 21:02 29 Jul 06

Ive just Put some family holiday films on to dvd. i have used win avi to convert them to a dvd format. In the past i have used a DVD+R But this time I bought a few Ridisc DVD-R. I Use Nero 7 To burn it and it goes through the encoding then burning then it says burn process complete but when i put it in the dvd player it says no disc and the computer also says no disc.

Any ideas??

Lee

Themaestro023 21:09 29 Jul 06

Had a prob similar recently, but not with Nero. Did you save the files to disc as 'data' or 'film'? Sometimes saving to disc as 'data' works better.

Themaestro023 21:10 29 Jul 06

And what speed did you use to record the disc? 8X is ok for DVD+R, but you should use a slower speed for DVD_R.

jimv7 21:18 29 Jul 06

Use nero vision express to convert and burn.

leeknight67 21:21 29 Jul 06

im running is at max x 8 speed i think. I dont know what i saved them as i just clicked add video files and merged them. then clicked burn

leeknight67 21:25 29 Jul 06

Just to add Last week i used a Mr data DVD+R and it worked fine now im using Ridisc DVD-R. Could this be the Problem?

rdave13 21:28 29 Jul 06

I've got a nero oem disk that came with my pc. Haven't bothered with it as I have Ashampoo burning studio 5. Does everything automatically with DVD's and CD's. Hasn't let me down yet. You could download a 30 day free trial and see how it works. Think that version 6 is out now.

PS dont work for Ashampoo...:)

woodchip 21:58 29 Jul 06

More DVD players recognise + better than -

woodchip 21:59 29 Jul 06

PS Also your writer may think it as writen to the dvd but it may have not put anything on it

leeknight67 11:09 30 Jul 06

tried ashampoo and roxio no luck im going to try a DVD+R to see if this works. Will keep you updated.

anchor 14:03 30 Jul 06

Have a look here; it is supposed to list DVD players and their compatibility with different media.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac