Just built my own pc, driver probs for usb...

The Dazza 19:08 25 Jul 05

I have just built a pc and the usb2 drivers are supposed to be on the mobo software disk. In the hardware update wizard, usb controller, it starts up the drive where the cd is and then comes up message "USB driver, the file usbehcisys on (unknown) is needed, then when I look in device manager there is a yellow ! next to usb controller under serial bus controllers. My mobo is an Asus K8V SE, running on xp. Neither the usb ports on the mobo or the usb 2 ports that slotted in a pci slot in the case work.

Joe R 19:29 25 Jul 05

The Dazza,

XP service pack2, needs to be installed, for the USB 2 drivers, to install.

The Dazza 19:33 25 Jul 05

..will do now.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:35 25 Jul 05

Go to click here and download this file:-

VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller Drivers V2.57 for Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP

and see if that does the job for you.

The Dazza 18:02 26 Jul 05

I couldn't find an obvious 'download button' to download xp service pack 2 from the Microsoft website. It advised me to turn on automatic updates,which I have done. I am currently downloading updates and it's at 34% but I am unsure if this is actually just 'updating' or if in fact it is installing SP2? Mr Mistoffelees link kept coming up with "no data" after doing a search for USB 2.0 Host Controller Drivers V2.57.
Confused? yeah, me too!

Mr Mistoffelees 21:31 26 Jul 05

Just go to the page I linked to and scroll down the page.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:38 26 Jul 05

Ignore my last post.

Go to my link, enter your motherboard model in the search box, top left, and select drivers. The file you need will appear in the list that then appears.

dan11 21:50 26 Jul 05

If sp2 or you still have problems with Mr Mistoffelees link.

You should be able to download the file from click here. It will re-direct you to driversguide. The user name is " drivers" and the password is "all". They is no need to create a new account, unless you wish to.

Make sure you read the comment.

good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…