Just bought Pioneer 106

zebbydog 12:39 07 Sep 03

I have just bought a pioneer 106 dvd writer and the computer will not reconise it, any ideas please.

Win xp pro dual booted with win 98 se.

I removed a cd writer that was working ok and put the dvd one in the same place.

Any help please

Supa_fly 13:03 07 Sep 03

Try reseting IDE controller in windows 98se, as xp pro does it automatically, but as its dual booted I assume 98se is the initial OS and so both will have to be done manually.

Check to make sure have latest bios updates, can have issues with Via...

zebbydog 13:07 07 Sep 03

how do i do this as i am a novice
Try reseting IDE controller in windows 98se,

harry_b 13:16 07 Sep 03

Is it recognized by the bios?, during boot you should normally see which drives have been recognized, if not then check the bios settings and set to auto detect, then check the jumper settings for the drive.

Quiller. 14:29 07 Sep 03

Have you installed the software for the drive. To windows it is only a cdrom drive till the software is installed.

Also under win98 did you remove the old cdrw from device manager. Then install the drive and let windows find it?

zebbydog 14:40 07 Sep 03

I took out the normal sony cd rom and the dvd writer was found and installed. Will i now beable to put back the cd rom or will this be best left out. Zebby

bremner 14:49 07 Sep 03

I have this drive and there is no software for the drive.

It only needs a suitable windows driver which XP has.

Chegs ® 16:27 07 Sep 03
  SEASHANTY 16:55 07 Sep 03

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…