//some 3rd party need geo

Just about had enough! DVD

goll_y 21:09 08 May 03

Got a problem with my computer (Windows 2000 Professional). When playing WINDVD the system keeps crashing after a period of time (it seems to vary) and then I get a buzzing sound with a still screen which means I need to restart the computer all over.

I've just downloaded new drivers, DirectX 9.0 and have WINDVD 2.2.

Please help. I want to get this sorted and am not sure how. It used to work fine!

Thanks.

PS I'm a newbie so don't make it too difficult to understand!

jasg 21:24 08 May 03

what processor and graphics card are you using?

goll_y 21:27 08 May 03

where can I find that out?

jasg 21:31 08 May 03

Click on start settings control panel system information- the processor should be on the first screen with the ram amount then click on device manager tab at the top double click on display adapters and the graphics card should be shown.

goll_y 21:36 08 May 03

NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 / Model 64 Pro

cdb 21:52 08 May 03

Have you tried using any other software for playing dvds, to see if the problem if with windvd?

goll_y 21:57 08 May 03

any ideas for another one? Used to have PCFriendly with it but deleted PCFriendly because I was told it might clash. Anywhere I can get one for free? to download to try.

goll_y 22:45 08 May 03

any ideas? Really want to get this one sorted!

woodchip 22:54 08 May 03

Short answer, If it used to work then it's not graphics card drivers, You have ether loaded something or other that as altered the dvd settings Could be software that you loaded or direct X that you have updated. Something like that, or fitted some new hardware

goll_y 22:58 08 May 03

think I've downloaded so much with this thing! even downloaded NVIDIA, Direct X, Drivers etc etc. No joy.

woodchip 23:05 08 May 03

If you have a restore disc, I think now would be a good time to use it. But first backup important info

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…