junk mail

highside 09:02 01 Jun 10

After some years of no spam etc at all I have suddenly started to receive daily emails from all sorts of software sellers, presumably a site I have used has sold my email address on.
So at the moment when one arrives I go to Tools-Safety and put it into the Blocked & Bounce Back list.
Is there a better a way? also is there a limit of entries into this list?
Win Live Mail/Win 7 64 bit-kept updated/Full Norton Internet Security (updated)/IE 8
Thanks for looking.

MAT ALAN 09:06 01 Jun 10

Bounce Back list.

Thats the first thing you DO NOT want to do, it just tells them you are there...

click here

prog in the link may help...

jack 09:08 01 Jun 10

Log onto your ISP site and see how you can blacklist unwanteds.
If you use an E-mail client - Outlook Express/Thunderbird for example make sure that it is switched off so that no E-mail downloads.
Then look at your mail on the ISP site- If you use TalkTalk/AOL you may be doing this already,
Then go the thread and and delete routine on the site and Blacklist the stuff you do not want.

highside 11:30 01 Jun 10

Thanks for replies.
Like the look of mailwasher, will it conflict with Norton antisapam at all?

MAT ALAN 11:40 01 Jun 10

As norton antispam doesn't seem to be doing very well, turn it off and just use mailwasher...

highside 09:21 13 Dec 10

Downloaded mailwasherfree - very good no conflicts with anything else. So impressed I may buy the pro version to enable protection of two accounts. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…