June Windows Update

Chissy 20:02 11 Jun 08

Anyone else not getting the full updates?

All I got was the Malicious Tool removal (KB890830) and Outlook (KB951476) Why the rest won't appear I don't know. I have tried both Custom and Automatic updates and cannot get the rest.

Any help/ideas much appreciated

mike40 20:20 11 Jun 08

Hi Again Chissy

The odd thing about my problem with Mcafee is that the box stating I was not fully protected only showed after the automatic updates had installed and I had re booted

bluto1 23:36 11 Jun 08

I can't imagine why you've not got all 6. I saw your post about 15 mins ago and went to Windows Updates, checked for updates and got the lot all installed. I don't use Automatic. I prefer to look for myself and take what I want.

Chissy 23:48 11 Jun 08

Hi Bluto1

It makes no sense at all to me either. I've always been able to get the updates. My XP and all MS software is 100% legal and registered. I've tried shutting off automatic updates and trying again but still not getting the remaining 4. My update history has no faults and only shows the 2 I have from today.

I'd like to try and get the others manually but cannot find a separate way to do so without using "Update"

cocteau48 07:59 12 Jun 08

Try downloading and running Dial-a-Fix
click here
It has a Windows update repair function

Chissy 08:15 12 Jun 08

Thanks for the suggestion cocteau48. Have just tried Dial-a-fix and still cannot get the "missing 4!"

Have also uninstalled the "found 2" and after re-trying only get those 2 back again.

Very puzzling and worrying that I am unable to keep my PC fully updated and safe.

crosstrainer 08:18 12 Jun 08

The Kill activex update is the issue here. You may find that your security suite is preventing this update.

You could:

Temporarily disable it for the download.

Check it's settings to allow through Windows Update.

Chissy 08:32 12 Jun 08

I do appreciate the help you folks are suggesting. Have tried again with Mcafee Security turned off and still couldn't get the missing updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…