June 2007 Cover DVD not working

Jimmy14 14:51 14 Apr 07

I received the June issue of PC ADVISOR today and inserted the cover dvd into my laptop with Vista Home Premium. Usually it would come up with a small box saying autoplay and I would click RUN MASTER.EXE which would then run the dvd. Junes edition hasn't got any .exe file on the dvd itself apart from the software on it. I even explored it to see if I could find anything but no. Last month I never used the May DVD so I tried this and it is the same. I pulled out a old dvd titled "August 2006" and put that in my dvd drive. It ran fine. Any suggestions or has anyone tried this on vista.

RickyC :-) 14:58 14 Apr 07

Hi Jimmy14,

I've revamped the cover disc interface - since the May issue the cover disc menu has been in PDF format.

When you insert the disc, it will no longer autoplay, readers need to double-click on the file called 'Click here to begin.PDF' to open the menu in Adobe Reader. There are install links, links to websites to register software, and more information on the programs which are on the disc.

I'll be interested to hear readers' thoughts on the new menu system, there's a link to email me on the intro page of the PDF.

regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

Jimmy14 15:22 14 Apr 07

working fine now. Alot better.

Pine Man 15:40 14 Apr 07

Sorry I've just found this thread after posting a similar thread on the Consumerwatch forum please let me have your views click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now