Jumping screen problem

geedad 10:31 01 Nov 09

Bagsey
I have seen your thread regarding the jumping screen and find this is a nuisance.
I am surprised that nobody has come up with a solution yet, and the only suggestion seems to be that it may be an older version of OE.
Can anyone add to this since ther must be many users experiencing this (LIKE ME!).
geedad

OTT_Buzzard 11:00 01 Nov 09

Can you supply more info on your problem, and a link to Bagsey's thread?

geedad 11:25 01 Nov 09

OTT_Buzzard
References to Bagsey's thread:

PCA Display
Friday 23 Oct 2009 01:41 PM

geedad

User-1229748 13:38 01 Nov 09

here's a link to the other thread,i used to have this happen when i used internet explorer 6click here

Bagsey 23:51 01 Nov 09

Just got back home and read your comment about IE6. Could that be the answer. I use IE6.
Bagsey.

User-1229748 00:13 02 Nov 09

could be yes,i went back to xp and internet explorer 6 when my vista laptop died and the pc advisor home page was always like that.

davo1967 00:34 02 Nov 09

It used to happen on my pc until i installed xp service pack 3, dont if that was the solution on its own but it has stopped now ?.

geedad 07:07 02 Nov 09

smackheadz -Thanks!
Bagsey - Thanks, been using IE6 for about five years with no problems.Can't be that!!
davo1967 - Thanks, no way would I try to install XP3 again - too many problems, and life is too short!!
geedad
...............Just had an idea - in my early Commodore 128 days, I can remember when the screen was seriously affected by another device too close to the monitor.The image used to be pulled right across the screen if I had a loudspeaker too close, and in those days probably interference was not very well plugged.
I can also recall actually reading data on my TV when my 128 was upstairs!
Thank all - any more ideas would be welcome!
geedad

eedcam 08:43 02 Nov 09

Geedad I had this prob with jumping. On Sat I installed SP3 and IE 8 no problems and no jumping Like you I was reluctant to do so but it works fine

geedad 10:08 02 Nov 09

eedcam
I appreciate your comments, but I cannot understand why it should happen now, when I have been using IE6 ...........forever!
And, as I ststed before, I have tried to install SP3 and IE8 but it is too much trouble- in fact my PC stopped the installation after it was almost finished after about an hour!
I don't need it in any case!
Thanks for your input.
I am hoping for a solution to my jumping screen without IE8 or SP3.
Anyone HELP!!
geedad

Bagsey 18:36 02 Nov 09

What I can't understand is why now and why does it not happen on other sites. I go to the PC Plus forum, DVD Pixplay forum and many others which show no signs of jumpyness. So why PC Advisor.
I ask why now, when I have been using this forum for many years without this head ache so what has changed. It is only within the last few weeks that this jumping has started.
All of these examples lead me to believe that it is not my computer that is at fault but something at PCA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017