Jumping Link using DIVs

jaysmoke 13:08 20 Jan 04

Here is my problem...i want to create links which will display a part of another doc using jumping links so i created two div files

table> tr> td>
div style=width: 100px; height:100px; overflow: auto;>
a href="#link">Go to top /a>
/div>
/td>
td>
div style=width: 300px; height: 300px; overflow: auto;>

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah a name="link"> /a>
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
/div>
/td> /tr>
/table>

this method of jump linking works with internet explorer but it's not working with Opera 7...is there any other way of doing this?

Taran 14:42 20 Jan 04

Have you tried a simple bookmarking system ?

Create a series of <a> tags where you want to jump to within the page.

Lets say paragraph two is titled Paragraph 2 - you wrap the words Paragraph 2 in the following tag:

<a name="p2">Paragraph 2 /a>

From the top of your page you creat a hyperlink and in the href tag you put this:

href="#p2"

All this does is say to the browser, find a place in this page [#] called p2 [p2], hence the link address points to #p2

If you give any link or portion of text a name wrap you can link to it like this way.

Or is this perhaps too overly simplified for your project ?

jaysmoke 15:08 20 Jan 04

nah it's not working...and also your version like you said is simplified...what am using are scrollable div's to create documents instead of iframes which would have loaded the document and all you had to do was create the external jumping links...

PurplePenny 23:51 20 Jan 04

What does it do differently in Opera? What about it isn't working?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…