jumper settings please

winstonwolf 00:35 08 Sep 04

hi , i have 2 hard drives and 2 cd roms installed , i want to install 1 more hard drive and a dvd writer , i have bought an ide pci card so i have the sockets i need available . My question is what jumper settings to use on each of the new drives , master , slave etc

Simon_P 00:58 08 Sep 04

the same as would apply to normal jumper settings

first drive HDD master

second drive DVD slave.

Others may think diferently

winstonwolf 09:54 08 Sep 04

both of the new drives will be connected to the new ide pci card with a seperate cable connecting each , so should both be set to master ? i'm unsure because of the fact that i'll be using the pci card

SEASHANTY 10:18 08 Sep 04

The PCI card will most likely have two ide slots. Therefore the setup is the same. You can have up to two drives on each ide socket - so four in total.
The connection is the same - MASTER and Slave on each IDE socket.

SEASHANTY 10:20 08 Sep 04

Sorry - didn't read your last post. You are correct. If using two separate ables (one to either slot) then set both to MASTER.

cga 10:23 08 Sep 04

Some drives have a different jumper setting for the only drive. As you are planning each on its own cable then you should use this (if defined) otherwise MASTER.

For cable and jumpers settings treat the connectors on you PCI card the same as if they were on your mobo

cga 10:26 08 Sep 04

I was interupted during typing.

You already answered

winstonwolf 12:19 08 Sep 04

thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…