July Cover Disc - Eye2eye Britain

rmcqua 20:12 12 May 06

Just received the July PCA today and am trying to install the Eye2eye Britain software from the cover DVD. however, I keep getting the error message
"NTVDM.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience"
Is any one else encountering this problem? Any suggestions?
Thanks.

VoG II 20:17 12 May 06

click here may help, the operative word being 'may'.

rmcqua 20:23 12 May 06

Thanks for the suggestion VoG. My NTVDM system tests out OK!

rmcqua 22:46 12 May 06

Any other suggestions or problems being experienced with this, or is it just me?
Thanks.

pj123 11:33 13 May 06

Got my copy yesterday. Just tried to install eye2eye and it went on smoothly. A couple of concerns though. Why is it: "you MUST enter the name of the company you work for"

I am retired so I don't work for anybody. To overcome that I just typed "home" in the box.

Second: Although it says "Full Program" it is only for Snowdonia. I tried to click on Norfolk and all I got was a dialogue box telling me that to view all of Britain I need to upgrade to the full version at £33.99????

So, once again, not really a Full Program and have now uninstalled it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:58 13 May 06

There have been several of these programs on cover disks over the years.
I have loaded them all to the same folder and have most of britain covered now thanks to PCA.
Unfortunately you cannot get them all to work off the one map (without the full program) but one click changes from one area of Britain to the next.

With a little bit of fiddling you can also load your own photos of each map point into the program.

rmcqua 13:27 14 May 06

Thanks for the info.
Lovely as Snowdonia is, I don't think it justifies me overcoming my difficulties with the software. I thought the coverage was more extensive geographically. Maybe I should have read the small print more closely!

rmcqua 13:33 14 May 06

and, yes it is clearly described as "Snowdonia Panoramic", so my enthusiasm carried me away a bit. However, I agree that describing it as a "Full Program", especially with an overlay on the same page clearly showing the Eye2eye Britain full 950 panorama version, is more than a little misleading.

Ray5776 14:14 14 May 06

rmcqua, thanks for pointing this out, looking at the mag one would think it was whole of Britain although it does clearly state Snowdonia. The overlay is the misleading factor.

jimmer409® 15:05 14 May 06

beware mag. cover cds, usually nothing but agro, there is no free lunch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…