Juiced

Bren.ie 13:10 27 Sep 05

I have installed a personal computer game 'Juiced'
by THQ on my computer.

When I click "Launch Juiced" to start the game the screen goes black for about 2 seconds before reverting to original desktop screen.

I'm using Windows XP. ATI Radion 7000 64mg graphics (most recent driver). Diect X 9c.

THQ website / support no use.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing problem

Methedrine 13:17 27 Sep 05

Check the minimum/recommended requirements on the games box. Your graphics card might not have enough RAM.

Bren.ie 13:22 27 Sep 05

Checked spec. Computer seems to be better that min spec detailed on box.

Graham ® 13:38 27 Sep 05

It may be trying to set a resolution that your monitor can't display.

Methedrine 15:00 27 Sep 05

Please don't take this the wrong way. Is it an original or a copy of an original?

DJ-Garry 15:05 27 Sep 05

Try this.
Right click on the start icon and select compatability mode and set it for win 98. You can always set it back if it doesn't work.
Garry.

Chegs ® 15:08 27 Sep 05

I had this once with Colin Mcrae rally game,it "wobbled" on launch then went straight back to desktop.I tried repeatedly to get it to run,but had to give up.A long time later,I tried it again,and it ran no bother,I had a whale of a time with it,then bang,straight back to the original problem of returning to desktop.

Bren.ie 15:52 27 Sep 05

It is an original game (3 cd's). Not copy.

I did install it on another PC and it worked fine. So game CD's are not corrupt.

I will try the compatability mode this evening but I an not too hopeful. It does state to install latest hardware drivers and latest DirextX
which I have done

LimestoneRock 15:56 27 Sep 05

A long shot - try holding Shift after clicking on game to launch.

Methedrine 15:57 27 Sep 05

Have you downloaded and installed the latest patch?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…