[email protected]

watty123 00:41 09 Apr 03

Hi,
Can anyone help?
I have the virus kak above invecting my pc.
Although AVG has sent this to virus vault it still has a really bad influence on my pc.
IE cannot access my default dail up server.
And other problems can you help please?
In hope.
watty123

beeuuem 00:52 09 Apr 03

This page gives bome information on this worm
click here
and how to remove it.

beeuuem 00:56 09 Apr 03

McAfee give these removal instructions
click here

MAJ 02:02 09 Apr 03

If AVG has placed it in the virus vault, you can delete it from there by highlighting it and going to File > Delete Files. To get access to your default dialup connection, try deleting the present connection and setting up a new connection to your ISP.

watty123 15:17 10 Apr 03

Hi again,
Thanks for your suggestions folks.
But..... Your suggestion MAJ. AVG one doesn't I'm afraid and if I do delete my dial up connection wil I lose any address etc: in OE?
This whole think is playing havoc with my PC. Not too much hair left!
AVG says. FILE\WINDOWS\TEMP\CONTENT.HTM
cannot be removed?
astly whould I stop all emails out in fear of passing it on?
Thanks Please help>>.............
watty123

beeuuem 15:48 10 Apr 03

I would try to get rid of the infected file first.Have you tried deleting it after booting in Safe mode?

Removing the connection will not affect any programmes or data. Make sure that you know your dial up number and password for the ISP you use before you remove it. Then set up the connecton again.
Which O/S are you using?

watty123 16:19 10 Apr 03

Hi beeuuem,
Thanks for your help.
I'm novice PC user so....
How do i boot up in SAFE MODE?

Yes I would take all dial up details before deleting.

O/S Windows 98

beeuuem 16:34 10 Apr 03

Try this. Click Start, and then click Shut down.
Click Restart, click OK, and then press and hold the CTRL key until the Microsoft Windows 98 Startup Menu appears.
For some machines, you can use F8 instead of CTRL to bring up the Microsoft Windows 98 Startup Menu.
From the screen that comes up enter the number for Safe mode(this is usually, but not always, 3), and then press ENTER.
When Windows loads it will look odd because it is a very basic set up. Try and delete the infected file. Then shutdown and restart as normal.
Try that and post back with how you get on.

watty123 16:43 10 Apr 03

Thanks again beeuuem,
I'll let you know how it works out.

watty123 16:48 10 Apr 03

Beeuum thanks i'll let you know how it goes..

beeuuem 23:03 12 Apr 03

Received by mail

HI,
I opend in SAFE MODE but could'nt trace the infected file. Tried all I know.
What appeard was the same as when opened in usual way, so there was no obvious sight of kak. I tried FIND but no luck.

Does the file which you couldn't remove (WINDOWS\TEMP\CONTENT.HTM) still exist when you boot up normally?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…