js exception exploit virus

mimo 21:38 10 Oct 03

hello all..i have norton internet security 2003/xp......a short time ago i received an alart regarding the js virus.the anti virus software reported the virus was removed and quarantined.i ran a scan after ,this was confirmed.when i reviewed the quarantined items it was still present in the log under back up items 2.the log states this is an infected back up copy of a repaired item.the virus was extracted from c:/documents and settings.i would like to remove the infected file,assuming its ok to do so.any feedback would be appreciated.thanks.regards mimo

Joanne_1 21:41 10 Oct 03

I always delete infected objects unless they're connected to a system file then I disinfect.

VoG II 21:42 10 Oct 03

Not quite sure that I understand the question. It is "safe" to delete a quarantined file.

I suspect that it is "stuck" in a System Restore point. Try turning ogff SR, scan to be sure, then re-enable SR. click here

mimo 21:54 10 Oct 03

hello joanne_1/VoG.....thanks for your replies.when the scan is complete the report shows no infection,the only record i have are the back up copies of the infected files that are quarantined.these are the files i would like to remove.hope this helps.regards mimo

VoG II 21:58 10 Oct 03

Sorry I don't use Norton so I don't know exactly how you delete them from quarantine. However, in quarantine they cannot do any harm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac