js exception exploit virus

mimo 21:38 10 Oct 03

hello all..i have norton internet security 2003/xp......a short time ago i received an alart regarding the js virus.the anti virus software reported the virus was removed and quarantined.i ran a scan after ,this was confirmed.when i reviewed the quarantined items it was still present in the log under back up items 2.the log states this is an infected back up copy of a repaired item.the virus was extracted from c:/documents and settings.i would like to remove the infected file,assuming its ok to do so.any feedback would be appreciated.thanks.regards mimo

Joanne_1 21:41 10 Oct 03

I always delete infected objects unless they're connected to a system file then I disinfect.

VoG II 21:42 10 Oct 03

Not quite sure that I understand the question. It is "safe" to delete a quarantined file.

I suspect that it is "stuck" in a System Restore point. Try turning ogff SR, scan to be sure, then re-enable SR. click here

mimo 21:54 10 Oct 03

hello joanne_1/VoG.....thanks for your replies.when the scan is complete the report shows no infection,the only record i have are the back up copies of the infected files that are quarantined.these are the files i would like to remove.hope this helps.regards mimo

VoG II 21:58 10 Oct 03

Sorry I don't use Norton so I don't know exactly how you delete them from quarantine. However, in quarantine they cannot do any harm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…