JPG's Help

GazMaz 14:09 23 Jan 03
  GazMaz 14:09 23 Jan 03

OK simple I'm sure but it's bugging me this one. I used to be able to double click on a picture with a *.jpg extension and it would open in a very simple viewer, I don't know the name of the viewer, a standard package that comes with Windows I thought. But now all of the *.jpg's icons just show a MSWINDOWS picture and won't open unless I open a image viewer then open the picture.

I realise that I have to associate the files but I thought that because they were associated with the jpg format they would open.

Help I'm going mad. All I want to do is double click the *.jpg's and for it to open.

jazzypop 14:16 23 Jan 03

Which version of Windows?

GazMaz 14:31 23 Jan 03

Sorry Win 98.

Patr100 14:36 23 Jan 03

Select a jpg file in explorer - hold down shift and right click the mouse - choose "open with" in the menu. Find your prog in the list and accept to associate.

Pesala 22:57 23 Jan 03

I guess you might be thinking of Image Preview, which is the most basic image viewer for JPGs and bitmaps. Allows you to view and zoom in only.

I would recommend installing Irfan View as your default image viewer. It is Freeware, very tiny, so very fast to load, and has lots of functions to resize, convert, crop, etc.

click here

GazMaz 08:25 24 Jan 03

Ahh got to work and found that it wasn't quite as a simple viewer as I thought, I'm going to see if Win 98 has PHOTOED, this is what I used at work, and what I thought the system initially used.
Any way thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…