JPG Picuters on CD

swapper 22:30 07 Sep 03

In June I copied a lot of pictures to a CD with Nero, I have never had trouble with this prog. before.
I needed these pictures as they are my backup, but I can't get at them at all.
The CD is showing Full, but it will not show any files.
Any advice please to recover these?

hssutton 22:46 07 Sep 03

You could try this freeware. click here

Megatyte 23:11 07 Sep 03

Has the CD been closed? If not try closing it.

AH

swapper 18:37 08 Sep 03

what is the correct way to close it please Megabyte?

swapper 18:39 08 Sep 03

hssutton, tried this Isobust, but it will not help, just tells me that the cd is blank.
I know it is not, I tested after filling it, and "my Computer" tells me it is full?

LAP 19:04 08 Sep 03

Having read previous threads on the matter your computer will always say it is full, once you have entered even the smallest file to the CD.

lindyloo4 19:57 08 Sep 03

I don't use Nero, but Easy CD. I think what Megabyte means is that at the end of a copying session you get the option to 'close CD'. If you don't close it more data can be added but you can't read it till it is closed.
No idea if this would work but try adding one more photo and see if you get the option to close.

I've just tried adding a photo a disc that My Computer said was full and there was actually loads of space left. Mind you I didn't have your problem as I could open the photos already on the disc.

Not using Nero I'm probably barking up the wrong tree but you could try it.

User-312386 08:41 09 Sep 03

by any chance the disc is not a cd-rw is it?

are you using windows XP?

Did you copy with nero in another file system, ie FAT32 and are you now using NTFS?

swapper 19:56 09 Sep 03

Yes, I am using a cd-rw, with winxp, using Nero and NTFS.
Sorry, I should have said all of this at the beginning.

swapper 19:59 09 Sep 03

lindyloo4, I tried adding one more picture, no problem but now the disk shows that I have just that one pic on it :-((

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…