jpg option missing from paint

holly polly 21:20 15 Jul 03

hi running win me ,when i scan pictures in ,and i want to email them ,i usually resize them with paint ,now however when i open paint and click on a file in my pictures ,i get a promt saying not a valid bit map file and paint doesnt support the format selected ie jpg ,which i know it does ,any ideas anyone ,as usual all help is greatfully recieved -cheers ,hol pol...

canard 21:30 15 Jul 03

click here Holly Polly and this great and free app will do it in a jiffy. To the best of my knowledge Paint will only save to bitmap format.

canard 21:34 15 Jul 03

Seem to have forgotten to say this app will convert your bitmaps or anything else to JPEGs or whatever format you want.

Valvegrid 21:39 15 Jul 03

You can open and save jpg's OK in Paint, I've just tried it. Are you opening Paint then opening the file or double clicking on the file to open it?

Valvegrid 21:40 15 Jul 03

Oh. forgot what O/S?

holly polly 21:53 15 Jul 03

paint will neither let me open or save jpg the format is not supported ,it tells me there are jpgs but im at a lost any more ideas anyone?

holly polly 21:56 15 Jul 03

going to paint click open look in my pictures select fie click open cannot format not supported ,by the way canard will this application let me resize?

Valvegrid 22:01 15 Jul 03

You could try another application to test to make sure the jpg's are not corrupt either canard's link or this one will help.

click here

holly polly 23:03 15 Jul 03

tried both programs and they work fine ,paint still playing up though ,think i will use either of these programs alot better than paint ,thanks all who posted and a big thankyou for the links ,cheers --hol pol...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…